Why Are Crooked Teeth a Problem?
Teeth that are not aligned properly in your mouth create what dentists call “malocclusion.” Left untreated, malocclusion can lead to periodontal disease (melting of jaw bone) and create abnormal amounts of stress on teeth and jaws, which lead to premature wear of enamel.
In addition, the individual with crooked teeth develop tooth decay much more frequently than the person with properly aligned teeth. We only get one layer of enamel; it does not grow back like hair and fingernails.
Excess spaces between teeth is also a problem due to food being packed between the teeth and significantly adding to risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay. Straightening your teeth can make a significant difference to having a healthy mouth and keeping your teeth for life.
Ask Dr Gianino about straightening your teeth using Invisalign, a set of clear aligners that are custom-made to gradually straighten your teeth. Start on the road to a healthy mouth and body today.
Benefits of Straightening Your Teeth
- Proper enamel wear to last your lifetime
- Easier daily cleansing of mouth to prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
- Healthy jaw joints to prevent TMD( Tempor-mandibular dysfunction) this condition is more commonly known as “TMJ”
- The BONUS in this treatment is a more attractive smile!
In addition to Invisalign Orthodontics, Dr Gianino also offers the following services:
- Custom Athletic mouth guards in colors of your choice.
- Occlusal guards to protect the teeth during night time grinding and clenching.
- Snore guards: Dental appliances that helps to control and prevent snoring.
Call Tia today to schedule your dental exam at 978-342-8686
Contact Us Today
and join our family!